Resources to continue your exploration of computer science
- Find STEM programs in your area
- Learn to build websites, create iPhone and Android apps, code with Ruby on Rails and PHP, or start a business.
MIT App Inventor
- Create mobile apps
- CodeHS is a site which will introduce you to programming and computer science principles. It is built for complete beginners.
- WordPress Lessons
- “ … over 1100+ talks to stir your curiosity. Browse by subject, length, or rating (inspiring, jaw-dropping, funny …)”
CS Bits and Bytes
- “The NSF CS Bits & Bytes series is aimed at high school teachers and students and emphasizes how computer science permeates and improves our lives and supports progress in many other disciplines.”
- 2D animation
- BYOB is an advanced offshoot of SCRATCH
- 3D animation
- 3D animation
- UX Mastery is an online resource for aspiring user experience designers.
- “Computer science … without a computer”
- “Hackety Hack will teach you the absolute basics of programming from the ground up. … With Hackety Hack, you’ll learn the Ruby programming language.”
- “CodeIgniter: an open source Web Application Framework that helps you write PHP programs.”
Mozilla Developer Network
- Mozilla Developer Network is an open community of developers building resources for a better web, regardless of brand, browser or platform.”
- “Codecademy is the easiest way to learn how to code. It’s interactive, fun, and you can do it with your friends.”
- “Processing is an open source programming language and environment for people who want to create images, animations, and interactions.”
How Stuff Works
- “HowStuffWorks explains thousands of topics, from engines to lock-picking to ESP, with video and illustrations so you can learn how everything works.” (Check out Computer and Science, then explore whatever else interests you at this site.)
Technology Review published by MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Updates about computing, web, communications, energy, materials, biomedicine, business. (Available in Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese and English)
Women & Master’s Degrees
- Learn more about the state of women in graduate school, and the programs that help them succeed.
Online Computer Science Degrees.com
- OnlineComputerScienceDegrees.com provides highly relevant and educational web resources to benefit students and others in the computer science community.
Google in Education
- Competitions, programs, awards, and tools
- “DreamSpark puts some of the world’s most powerful software in the hands of students and educators. Develop apps, games, tools and designs.”
Last updated: 9/29/2015