Since the creation of the ECS curriculum, many schools and districts outside of Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) have expressed interest in adopting ECS. Though developed with the particular needs of Los Angeles students in mind, the current ECS curricular materials can certainly be adapted statewide and nationwide to stand alone or supplement other instructional materials. Apart from the cost of robots, this course does not rely on expensive computers, a particular platform, proprietary software, or costly textbooks making it an attractive option for schools, districts, and states struggling to provide accessibility with scarce resources.
Our current partners include:
- Chicago: http://tasteofcomputing.org/
- Oregon: http://www.techstart.org/exploringcs/
- Santa Clara: http://www.scu.edu/engineering/cse/ecs/index.cfm
- Utah: http://people.westminstercollege.edu/faculty/hhu/ecs/
- Washington, DC: http://www.scs.howard.edu/research/PEECS
For further information and inquiries regarding bringing ECS to your school or school district please contact Gail Chapman — firstname.lastname@example.org.